The mission of the Office of K-12 School Choice is to support quality public and private educational choice programs by providing information and assistance to promote successful outcomes for students, families, institutions and communities.
School Choice Announcements
- Take this free short survey to receive a personalized report with information on scholarships available to your child.
- Private School Annual Surveys are due by May 1. Please visit http://www.fldoe.org/schools/school-choice/private-schools/annual-survey.stml for more information.
- The Florida Department of Education is working closely with the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to monitor COVID-19. For more information, please visit the Department’s COVID-19 page.
- The application for private schools to administer Florida statewide assessments during the 2021–22 school year is now available. Completed applications must be notarized and submitted to the Department no later than March 1, 2021. Click here for additional details.
- The application for the Emergency Assistance to Non-Public Schools (EANS), a federal program for assistance to non-public not-for-profit private schools in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, is now available. Click here for additional details.
The primary purpose of the District-Charter Collaborative Compact (DCCC) is to encourage and support Districts in the development and implementation of sustainable strategies to ensure that all students, especially those currently attending or zoned for schools in high-need areas, have access to highly effective schools.Read More