Virtual Instruction & Course Provider Resources
Please note that private virtual schools and Virtual Instruction Program (VIP) providers are not the same. Private virtual schools may not receive scholarship funding through the various school choice programs. Students who receive an IEP or diagnosis based on the Family Empowerment Scholarship Program can use their scholarship funding toward tuition and fees associated with a virtual program offered by a department-approved Virtual Instruction Program provider that has met the specifications in s. 1002.45(2)(a), Florida Statutes. A private school does not qualify under this section. If you wish to operate a virtual private school in Florida, please follow the instructions found on the Opening a Private School page (Virtual and In-Person private schools follow the same opening guidelines).
The Provider Approval Process
For all applications:
- Registration is open August 15th through September 30th
- Submissions for applications are accepted September 1st through September 30th
- Application submissions are for approval for the following school year.
- Register and apply at: https://flvprovider.smapply.org/
Virtual Instruction Program Provider
The application for Virtual Instruction Program (VIP) Provider Approval and the application for Virtual Instruction Program Provider Renewal are to be completed by each Provider seeking approval to contract with school districts or with virtual charter schools to provide complete virtual school programs.
- VSP-02 Form for VIP Provider Approval (PDF)
- VSP-02R Form for VIP Provider Renewal (PDF)
- VSP-FS Form for VIP Provider Financial Statement (Excel)
- VIP Application Walkthrough (PDF)
Online Course Provider
The application for Online Course Provider Approval is to be completed by each Individual/Provider seeking approval to offer Florida-approved online courses which include both the instruction and the curriculum. This approval process is not for curriculum or content providers.
- VSP-03 Form for Online Course Provider Approval (New) (PDF)
- VSP-04 Form for Current Online Course Provider adding new courses (Current) (PDF)
- VSP-05 Form for Online Course Provider Renewal Approval (Renewal) (PDF)
- Course Provider Application Walkthrough (PDF)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Frameworks
- Course Additions, Changes and Deletions Summary 2023-24 (PDF) Revised 6/28/23
- Course Alignment Examples
- Course Code Directory
- CPALMS - course standards and benchmarks
- Learning Gains Example Document (Excel)
- Memos Announcing Approved Providers
- NSQ Self-Review Course Template (Word)
- NSQ Self-Review Program Template (Word)
- Online Course Provider Approval Rule (6A-6.0982, F.A.C.)
- VIP Provider Approval Rule (6A-6.0981, F.A.C.)
- VIP Provider Financial Statement (Excel)