Academically Successful & Resilient Districts
The new Office of Academically Successful and Resilient Districts (ASRD) supports district school boards and superintendents by offering day-to-day guidance and best practices relating to Florida’s innovative educational framework. The Florida Department of Education created the Office to facilitate partnerships with district leaders to ultimately better serve Florida’s students, families, and educators.
The Office of Academically Successful and Resilient Districts will provide guidance to district and community leaders along a range of policy topics, including but not limited to:
- Parent’s Rights
- Academic Standards
- Curriculum and Supplemental Materials
- School Safety
- Teacher Professional Development and Supports
- Educational Choice
- Workforce Education
The office operates in accordance with the State Board of Education’s mission to put students first and provide access to a world-class education for students of all backgrounds and abilities.
Terry L. Stoops, Ph.D., Director
- House Bill 1069, K-12 Education, School District Responsibilities (October 13, 2023)
- New State Board of Education Rule 6A-1.094126, F.A.C., Special Magistrate for Materials Used in Classroom or School Libraries (September 22, 2023)
- New State Board of Education Rule Regarding Requirements for District Internet Safety Policies (September 1, 2023)
- Parental Request for Appointment of a Special Magistrate for Materials Used in Classroom or School Libraries (effective September 2023)