Educator Disaster Relief Payments
Thanks to the diligent efforts of Florida’s educators, Florida was the first state in the nation to reopen schools for in-person instruction. This ensured that all students were provided with a panoply of educational supports.
During the 2021 Legislative Session, Governor Ron DeSantis worked with the Legislature to secure $1,000 disaster relief payments for educators by appropriating funding through the General Appropriations Act (GAA). The disaster relief payments were provided to full-time Pre-K certified teachers funded by the FEFP, K-12 classroom teachers, and principals.
The information below pertains to Florida’s PK-12 educator disaster relief payments.
- Superintendent Letter Educator Relief Payments – July 2, 2020 (PDF)
- Attachment A - Directions to Districts for Providing Information to DOE for $1,000 Payments (PDF)
- Attachment B - Instructions (Excel)
- Attachment C - District Attestation (PDF)
- Attachment D - Charter School Attestation* (PDF)
- Attachment E - Memo from Tax Counsel: Section 139 Qualified Disaster Relief Payments (PDF)
- Memo to Superintendents Regarding the Frequently Asked Questions from Chancellor of Public Schools (PDF)
- K-12 Educator Disaster Relief Payment FAQ as of July 2, 2021 (PDF)