CAPE - Postsecondary
The Florida Career and Professional Education Act was created to provide a statewide planning partnership between business and education communities, to expand and retain high-value industry, and sustain a vibrant state economy. While originally focused on industry certification attainment by secondary students, the 2013 Legislature expanded the CAPE Act to include industry certification attainment by postsecondary students.
- The 2023-24 CAPE Industry Certification Funding List is a list of certifications and certificates with secondary and postsecondary funding designations.
- In the past the department has maintained two separate lists for secondary and postsecondary.
- Changes to section (s.) 1008.44, Florida Statutes (F.S.) from House Bill 1507 require a single list and a single rule for CAPE beginning in the 2022-23 school year.
- 2023-24 CAPE Industry Certification Funding List (Excel)
- 2023-24 CAPE Industry Certification Funding List (PDF)
- To be considered for the CAPE list the certification must be on the Master Credentials List (MCL). The MCL has been approved for 2023-24 by the Credential Review Committee (CRC) and can be found on the CareerSource Florida website.
- Check the Career Source Florida website for meeting schedules and updates to their process: https://careersourceflorida.com/boardroom/florida-credentials-review-committee/