The Office of Governmental Relations is responsible for championing and advocating education policies set by the Governor, the State Board of Education, and the Commissioner of Education, before the Florida Legislature.
Legislative Update Presentation
- 2018 Legislative Update Presentation - Full Color (PDF)
This presentation highlights legislation passed during the 2018 regular legislative session.
Legislative Implementation Overview
- 2018 Legislative Implementation Overview Chart (PDF)
This chart represents the legislative bills that have passed during the 2018 regular legislative session that affect and/or have an impact on Education or the Agency. Included in this chart is a link to the final bill text/Chapter law and the DOE bill summary (if available). Located under the Additional Information section is DOE contact information and other DOE notifications/documents related to that legislation. This document represents bills passed by the Florida Legislature during the 2017 regular legislative session, and the action taken by the Governor.
- 2018 Legislative Review Book (PDF)
This book contains summaries of education and agency-related legislation, passed during the 2018 regular legislative session.
Florida Department of Education Model Policy on Religious Expression in Public Schools
- Florida Department of Education Model Policy on Religious Expression in Public Schools (Word)
- Florida Department of Education Model Policy on Religious Expression in Public Schools (PDF)
2017 Economic Security Report
- 2017 Economic Security Report – Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2017 Economic Security Report – Full report (PDF)
Jared Ochs, Director of Legislative Affairs
Bethany Swonson, Director of Legislative Affairs
325 W. Gaines St. Suite 1520
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400