Accountability & Reporting
Jason Gaitanis, Assistant Deputy Commissioner
325 West Gaines Street, Room 514
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
The Office of Accountability and Policy Research is responsible for the department’s accountability processes, public reporting of accountability outcomes and other information on the web, routine aggregate reporting of department information to districts and to the federal government, and providing information for ad hoc requests from the State Board of Education, communications office, legislative and governor’s offices. The office conducts research as directed by the Commissioner and the State Board of Education for the purpose of informing education policy decisions using the data maintained by the Division of Accountability, Research and Measurement. This office includes the Bureau of Accountability Reporting, the Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility and the Value Added Model Team.
Bureau of Accountability Reporting
The Bureau of Accountability Reporting administers programs to provide districts and the public with teacher, school, district, and state accountability information for Florida’s PK-20 education system. The Bureau’s core programs focus on calculating and reporting school and district grades and Value-Added Model (VAM) results that describe instructional personnel and administrators' impact on student learning growth and are used in educator evaluations. The Bureau also calculates school improvement ratings for alternative schools and ESE centers, accountability ratings for schools located within programs operated by the Department of Juvenile Justice and accountability ratings for teacher preparation programs, as well as updates school placement information for Differentiated Accountability, identifies schools eligible for Florida School Recognition awards, processes external research requests submitted in the Research Data Processing System and supports other offices in the agency to address accountability information needs.
- School Grades and Accountability Reports
- School Recognition Program
- Value-Added Model
- External Research Requests
- E-mail: email@example.com (School Grades) or VAM@fldoe.org (Value-Added Model)
Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility
The Bureau of PK-20 Education Reporting and Accessibility connects people and education information for the advancement of Florida students and schools. The Bureau is responsible for PK-20 education reports, longitudinal education reports, online interactive reporting, federal and legislative reporting and reporting for approved external research requests.
Florida PK-20 Education
- Florida’s PK-20 Education Information Portal connects people with reports and statistical information about PK-12, college, career and adult education and employment outcomes for Florida students, staff and schools. The portal provides access to interactive reports that provide overall and demographic information in a variety of formats including graphs, tables, maps and custom reports based on your interests in education-related data. The goal of this Portal is to increase the advancement of Florida students and schools by providing access to information that will facilitate important decisions about education in Florida.
- E-mail: PERADataRequests@fldoe.org