EdCert VERSA Conversion
To protect the privacy and confidentiality of our customers, the Florida Department of Education has raised its standards for securing communication between web browsers and its interactive websites. If using an older version of a web browser, you may be blocked from logging into Department of Education interactive websites. Users who are blocked must update their browser before they can interact with these Department websites.
The Department restricts access to web browsers that utilize Transport Layer Security (TLS) versions 1.1 and 1.2. The latest versions of common web browsers support TLS.
Why update your browser?
For personal security, upgrading your browser and staying current is important. Your browser's publisher provides periodic updates as issues arise or new security features are developed. Regular security updates help protect computers from malicious attacks by patching vulnerabilities that may be exploited by malware, helping to keep users and their data secure. Keeping your browser updated ensures a safer, more productive interactive Web experience.
What browsers are acceptable and how do I update?
For optimized performance and security, you must use a browser that utilizes TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2. The latest versions of the most common browsers, listed below, utilize TLS 1.1 and 1.2, and are acceptable for use with Department websites:
- Chrome (version 36 and above)
- Firefox (version 38 and above)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Safari (version 7 and above)
The Florida Department of Education launched its new Educator Certification System on November 20, 2017. This new system streamlines the application process to improve the overall experience for Florida's educators and school districts. Below is a summary of the system enhancements by audience category.
- New Public Certification Search allows anyone to search the educator certification system by name, certificate number or any combination, including district
- Search results provide both current and historical certificate records, including records of revoked certificates
Educators and Applicants
All educators and applicants must establish a new online user account for access to the Online Licensing Service site.
- Online Licensing Service site with a secure and user-friendly interface
- User registration and easy license link for all certified educators
- Simple user sign-up for new certification applicants
- Common applications for all state certification actions
- Quick Start applications for new certificates and upgrade or renewal of valid certificates
- Ability to attach and submit documents to verify completion of requirements
- Quick Start retrieval of current application and status
- Secure credit or debit card payment via Visa or MasterCard
- Requests for address or name changes processed immediately upon submission
School Districts and other Florida Certification Partners
- Fast search and retrieval of applicants and their information for easier file review and employment screening
- Common application for all state certification actions, including district employees
- Simple submission of certification verification forms and attachments
- Easy viewing of submitted documents and official certification correspondence
- Improved record keeping, reducing need for paper documents and manual processing
- Districts request user roles (VR user or VO user) based on local staff duties and responsibilities
- User management forms must be completed to establish new access accounts
- Most partners from districts or authorized private organizations will only need VO user accounts
- Select district partners who approve certification transactions will need VR user accounts
- Ongoing partner training events will be scheduled regularly to build user knowledge and skills