This webpage is intended to provide visitors with information and resources to support the Florida Social Studies Next Generation Sunshine State Standards and the Florida Department of Education’s Social Studies Education Program.
Have a great summer!
- Standards and Course Descriptions can be found on www.cpalms.org.
- Florida Resources for Grades M/J Civics and Grades 9-12 United States History can be found at www.floridastudents.org.
Social Studies Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (PDF) - This document is intended to assist readers in locating information related to the State of Florida’s Social Studies Education Program.
Initiatives and Programs
- Florida State Statute 1003.4156 - General requirements for middle grades promotion
- Florida State Statute 1003.42 - Required instruction
- Florida State Statute 1003.421 - Recitation of the Declaration of Independence
- Florida State Statute 1003.4282 - Requirements for a standard high school diploma
- Florida State Statute 1003.44 - Patriotic programs; rules
- Florida State Statute 1003.45 - Permitting study of the Bible and religion; permitting brief meditation period
- Florida State Statute 1008.22 - Student assessment program for public schools
Department of Education Resources
- 2016-2017 Course Directory
- End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments
- Florida PK-20 Education Information Portal (EDStats)
- User Guide: Florida PK-20 Education Information Portal (EDStats) (PDF)
- Toolkits: Civics and United States History
- Florida Association of Social Studies Supervisors
- Florida Council For The Social Studies
- Florida Council on Economic Education
- Florida Humanities Council
- National Council For The Social Studies
Social Studies Education Specialist
Bureau of Standards and Instructional Support
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 424
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400