Third Grade Guidance
Third Grade Guidance and Resources
Florida Statutes and Florida State Board of Education Rules
- 1008.25, Florida Statutes
Guidance and Resources
- Promotion to Grade 4 Technical Assistance Paper (PDF)
- Read to Learn booklet for parents of Florida’s third grade students (PDF)
- Third Grade Portfolio District Guidance (PDF)
- Third Grade Portfolio Teacher Guidance (PDF)
Alternative Assessments For Good Cause Promotion
In accordance with section 1008.25 (6)(b)(3), F.S., and State Board Rule 6A-1.094221, districts may submit for approval alternate assessments to be used for good cause promotion to email@example.com.
Assessments must meet the following criteria found in rule 6A-1.094221:
- Internal consistency reliability coefficients of at least 0.80;
- High validity evidenced by the alignment of the test with nationally recognized content standards, as well as specific evidence of content, concurrent or criterion validity;
- Norming studies within the last five (5) to ten (10) years, with norming within five (5) years being preferable; and
- Serves as a measure of grade 3 achievement in reading comprehension.
The following assessments have been approved for use. The percentile required on each assessment is also provided.
50th Percentile (must use Enterprise version)
50th Percentile (must use Table 6 from 2016-2017 Norms to determine percentile) I-Ready Table 6 (PDF)
The following assessments have been submitted for approval by a district and are pending approval; notification will be made to all districts once a determination is made.
No pending reviews at this time.
The following assessments were denied approval and the portion of the rule which eliminated the assessment is provided.
- Discovery Education Assessment - Did not meet criteria 1, 2 or 3
- AIMS Web - Did not meet criteria 4